3 Tips to Develop Your Leadership Style and Lead with Influence
1. Self-awareness and Reflection: Developing your leadership style starts with self-awareness. Take time to reflect on your strengths, weaknesses, values and beliefs – write them down so you can see them clearly in front of you. Understand how your actions and decisions impact others and how you can leverage your strengths to inspire and motivate your team. It’s really important to continuously seek feedback from colleagues, mentors, and team members to gain insights into areas for improvement and growth.
2. Continuous Learning and Skill Development: Leadership is a lifelong journey of learning and growth at all stages of your career journey. Invest in your personal and professional development by seeking out opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills. Attend leadership workshops, summits, seminars and conferences. Business in Heels hosts Leadership Summits and Small Business Summits annually for professional development. Develop skills such as effective communication, emotional intelligence, decision-making and conflict resolution. These skills are crucial for leading with influence in any business, large or small.
3. Build Relationships and Foster Collaboration: Leadership is not just about authority; it’s about building strong relationships and fostering collaboration. Cultivate a culture of trust, respect and open communication within your team. Encourage diverse perspectives and create an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and heard. Lead by example, demonstrating integrity, empathy and fairness. Collaborate with others, both within and outside your business/organisation to expand your network, gain insights, and leverage collective intelligence. Networking is key to building relationships and collaborations, if this is something you’d like to develop more, check out the free online course here
Remember, leadership is a dynamic process, and your style will evolve over time. Embrace the journey of self-discovery, continuous learning and relationship-building to become an influential and effective leader!
Technology, cybersecurity, and telecommunications play pivotal roles in shaping our interconnected world.
Our Tech encompasses a wide range of digital tools and innovations, empowering us to communicate, collaborate and access information anywhere in the world. Our Cybersecurity safeguards our digital infrastructure and data from threats, ensuring privacy and trust in an increasingly digital landscape. Cyber has been consistently in the news over the last 24 months with the attention from the major attacks on corporations. And our Telco encompasses the networks and services that enable communication across vast distances, connecting individuals and businesses globally.
Together, these three domains create a dynamic ecosystem where technological advancements, secure networks and seamless communication are driving progress at a super fast rate and transforming the way we live, work, and interact.
In this section we feature the most talked about topics in further depth;
‣ 10 Tips to Utilising Chat GPT – Personally & Professionally
‣ Unveiling the Secrets of Effective SEO: Mastering the Art of Online Visibility
‣ SME Frustrations with Technology & Cybersecurity
‣ Staying CYBER SAFE! Everything You MUST know NOW.
And if all the talk on Tech, Cyber and Telco has you interested … come along to our annual Leadership Summit for Women in Tech, Cyber and Telco Summit on 20th October. It’s a full ‘virtual’ day packed full of panel discussions, keynote speakers and professional development workshops. Learn more here about the Summit.